Fort Miley, San Francisco, was a cemetery from 1886-93 when the Army bought it for coastal defense. In 1932 the VA took over 29 acres for a medical facility, but the batteries remained and were updated at the beginning of WWII, then were deactivated in 1943. This is the VA Medical Center during 2004. A City Birds photo.
|<--- BACK||NEXT --->|
Return to Gallery Six Thumbnail Index