In 1896 an indoor entertainment complex with pools, theater, and many other amusements was completed in San Francisco, where the City meets the Pacific Ocean, called the Sutro Baths. Over the years the place started losing money and was close in 1966. Shortly thereafter the place burned down. In 1980 the National Park Service bought the property and made it part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. This is what the site looks like in 2004. A City Birds digital photo.
|<--- BACK||NEXT --->|
Return to Gallery Seven Thumbnail Index